The Superintendent’s Leadership Class (SLC) program is designed to identify both secondary and post-secondary students with the desire, experience and characteristics to become leaders at NWTC. Activities will take place during the school year to build leadership skills, to develop ambassadors for NWTC and to recognize the best and the brightest future leaders. Students will take part in monthly meetings including: team building, governmental awareness, parliamentary procedure training and much more!
Participation is open to any secondary or adult student in the Northwest Technology Center District. Students from each campus will be selected for this program. Equal representation from all parts of the district will be sought. A selection committee comprised of members of the NWTC Administration will conduct a brief interview with potential members.
Attendance at Class Meetings
In order for students to get the most out of this program, attendance is required at all events. When students miss more than two class sessions, they will be asked to withdraw from the program
Instructions for Application
Students who wish to apply for the Superintendent’s Leadership Class should complete the following steps:
1. Interested students must complete an application. The application must be typed or can be computer generated if a similar format is used. The application form is due to the front office no later than 5 pm on September 8, 2017. – Download SLC Application
2. Each applicant is required to have three recommendations. One form may be completed by a Career Tech Instructor. Two forms must be completed by a community leader, high school counselor or employer who is familiar with the student and has known the student for at least one year. The recommendations must be postmarked by September 8, 2017. Return envelopes for recommendation forms can be picked up by the applicant at the front office. – Download SLC Recommendation Form
3. The application form is due to the front office no later than 5 pm on September 8, 2017.
4. Students will be required to complete a short interview with the selection committee. The student will be notified with the time and date of the interview after the application is received.
- September 8, 2017 —Applications Due to Front Office And Recommendation Form Postmark Deadline
- Mid September—Students Will Be Informed of Interview Schedule
- Late September—First Class Meeting
For more information about the Superintendent’s Leadership Class, please contact Melinda Barton at 580.327.0344 or Daren Slater, Assistant Superintendent of Alva Campus at 380.327.0344 or Colt Shaw, Assistant Superintendent of Fairview Campus.