- District Formed in 1969
- First school year 1972-73
- Currently in the 45th year of operation
- One of 29 Technology Centers in Oklahoma and part of the system of the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
- District lies in 7 counties: Alfalfa, Blaine, Dewey, Harper, Major, Woods, Woodward
- District boundaries: From the Oklahoma-Kansas State Line on the North the District stretches South to the Canton Lake area; from the Freedom School District on the West the District runs East to include the Cherokee School District.
- Alva Campus serves the school districts and communities of: Alva, Avard, Carmen, Cherokee, Dacoma, Freedom, and Waynoka.
- Fairview Campus serves the school districts and communities of: Aline, Canton, Cleo Springs, Fairview, Ringwood and the portions of the Okeene and Seiling School Districts that lie in Major County.
- NWTC’s annual budget consists of approximately 70% local funds, 26% State funds, and 4% Federal funds. RFP from Oklahoma Lottery Grants and Carl Perkins Federal Grants are often utilized to purchase equipment. Local funds consist of an annual levy of 10 mills for the General Fund and 3 mills for the Building Fund. The only NWTC Sinking Fund ever proposed and passed was in 1970 to build the original campus building at Alva and Fairview.